1. Throw race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, body shape, and everything you can’t control out the window! It doesn’t matter. Kawaii style is about embracing your beautiful self and is not dictated by the color of your skin, your size, or anything that you can’t change about yourself!
2. Be sweet, kind, and empathetic. Being kawaii is more than just dressing cute, it’s about BEING someone people identify as a sweet, kind, and adorable person. Looking attractive or having good style means nothing when your attitude is crap!
3. Dress adorably! Kawaii girls dress in the sweetest and cutest clothing they can find. Think sweet ruffles, frills, lolita dresses, pastel colors,Pleated skirt, Purple Pant, and Kitten Sweatshirt! Anything that makes you feel vibrant, youthful, and adorable! Shopping at stores like Wikiya Shop is a fantastic start on your journey to true kawaii style!
4. Do kawaii make-up! Kawaii make-up is all about looking innocent and clean, with a rosy glow. Think bright pink blush just under your eyes, clean winged eyeliner that makes your eyes look bigger.
Look into gyaru make-up styles. Sexy make-up, does not typically work when trying to achieve a truly kawaii look. So don’t do smoky eyes or dark red lips – this will clash with the aesthetic you’re trying to achieve.
5. Consider circle lenses! Circle contact lenses really enlarge your eyes and make them resemble the beautifully big eyes of kawaii anime girls! There’s tons of styles and shapes and colors to choose from!
6. Have your nails be an extension of your kawaiiness! Your nails are a great opportunity to express your adorable nature. A lot of kawaii girls use rhinestones and sparkly jewels on their nails to really add charm and appeal. But, a fresh and clean french manicure always works well too! If you bite your nails, consider experimenting with some fake nails for fun!
7. Have youthful hair! Think of the traditional hairstyles of a young child – pigtails, headbands, bows, and braids are all great examples of kawaii hairstyles that work with almost any kawaii look. You can also experiment with fun colors without the committment by wearing realistic wigs made of quality kanekalon fibre. They can even be heat styles.
8. Gain inspiration from anime! Japanese anime and manga is a great place to gain inspiration for kawaii looks and aesthetics.Magical girl, or mahou shoujo anime, is definitely the best style of anime to gain insight into kawaii looks and styles.
9. Have kawaii role models! Look around online for some cute K-Pop or J-pop role models. Often they have very kawaii style and you can gain incredible insight into traditional kawaii looks by replicating their style, outfits, hair, mannerisms, and more….
So you’re heading out to a Japanese anime convention again, and you want to be prepared, while also looking fiercely kawaii! We know it can be overwhelming -all those people, all the costumes, the heat, the lights, the long waits, the drive! It’s important to be prepared to fully cash in on the true con experience! 1....